SENIOR COLORIST | CO-FOUNDER
ALL THE PRETTY COLORS...
Belal Hibri is a colorist and co-founder of Lucid Post in Beirut. His unique approach to color grading is informed by a background in Fine Arts and art history. In the past 9 years, he has color-graded and mastered over 40 feature films, many of which premiered at major festivals including Sundance, Cannes Film Festival, Berlinale, Toronto International Film Festival and others. Several have gone on to receive international distribution from companies such as Lionsgate and Pathé. Belal has graded commercials for major international corporations such as Coca Cola, Nissan, Pepsi, Puma, and Porsche. Projects he has worked on with artists are held in the collections at Museum of Modern Art (New York), Tate Modern (London), and Centre Pompidou (Paris).
- The Insult (2017) Ziad Doueiri - Oscar Nominated for Best Foreign Film
- Panoptic (2017) Rana Eid - Locarno Film Festival
- Lebanon Factory (2017) - Cannes Film Festival (Quinzaine)
- Nocturne in Black (2016) Jimmy Keyrouz - Student Academy Award Winner (Gold) - BAFTA Best Narrative Short
- Submarine (2016) Mounia Akl - Cannes Film Festival (Cinefoundation)
- 28 Nights and a Poem (2015) Akram Zaatari - Berlin Film Festival (Forum)
- Stories of Our Lives (2014) Jim Chuchu - Berlin Film Festival (Teddy Award)
- Ladder to Damascus (2013) Mohammed Malas - Toronto Film Festival
- Birds of September (2013) Sarah Francis - CPH Dox
- Ghadi (2013) Amin Dora - Busan Film Festival (Audience Award)
- The Freebie (2009) - Katie Aselton | Sundance Film Festival
- Zombies of Mass Destruction (2009) - Kevin Hamdani | LA Film Festival, Lionsgate
Extended filmography on IMDB.